Heavy Equipment will be on grounds Monday 7 am. Please ONLY park vehicles by campsites. DO NOT DRIVE ON ANY OTHER PART OF THE GROUNDS. (if you do you will either be in their way, wreck the plan or damage the progress we are making or created new costs we will have to come up with).
Raffle prizes at the Extravaganza pictures are here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/eEmDvZ3oWddhVmij7
Raffle prizes listed on Ebay can be viewed here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/xcn2BgSzC2gXjFcD8
WFSC Fall Extravaganza, Volunteer, BBQ, Band, Dancing, Raffle & more! All are Welcome!
Friday, October 4th, set up for event, prep food, pick up rocks left by dozers/ streamwork to prep for seeding 10 – 3
Saturday, October 5th
10- 12 & 1 -3 Volunteer teams finishing up rock and debris pick up and spreading grass seed & straw, paint picnic tables, Lunch at 12: 00pm
12-1 & 3-5 pm Activities to be announced.
5- 7 pm Dinner served until food runs out, Get meal/donation tickets here: https://westforkextravaganza.eventbrite.com. PLEASE get FREE meal ticket here. Please also consider making a Donation or buying a donation ticket to help with continued work other community members and the club can do as next steps to rebound from the flood. Remember new tax law allows for up to $12,000.00 in donations as a standard deduction and you do not need to itemized. Donations can be made by PayPal to Westforksportsclub@gmail.com
6 pm Raffle winners announced.
7 pm Band & Dancing, Campfire, Bring Lawn chairs, warm clothes
9 pm close.
Sunday, October 6th
10 – 12, clean up, breakdown equipment. All raffle items must be picked up by noon on Sunday.
Needed: Team leaders for work teams, Food preparers & servers, Food donations, Soda and Beer Donations, DONATED items for the raffle, Fly Fishing Gear, Bicycle, Birding, Hunting Gear, local food Honey, Syrup and more. Please email us at email@example.com
Please NOTE: September 14 – 16 there should be dozers and heavy equipment completing stream work. Fishing downstream may not be the best. Some camping areas may be limited for equipment to do their work. Oct 4,- 6th volunteers camping fees will be waived.
A few new things for Members to know about:
- There is a shovel by the woodshed, PLEASE use it to clean out your firepits AND return it for others use. Your assistance is appreciated in this.
- If you get stuck and need to be pulled out of low lying areas, fire pits, etc, there will be a minimum charge of $100, maybe more, depending on what it takes to get you out. There may also be charges for repairing the grounds. Payment will be due before being pulled out.
- RECYCLABLES – take them home with you. Do NOT put them by the dumpster. If you don’t want to take them home drive them to the recycling center below (with map). It is 2.6 miles from the campground.
Recycling goes to the recycling center off of Y on LF. It is free, open 7:30 am to 3:30 pm. Vernon Co. Recycling center (map here) is 2.6 miles from the Campground. Trash at the Campground is for campers/ cabin members only. No matter what you’ve been told in the past. Please respect this as it saves the club funds.
Consider cans vs bottles for camping (YES, good beer is available in cans also!)
Current areas of need where members can help :
- Continue to pull debris off of the base of trees, posts, etc., Pile them on burn piles.
- Grant writers to help us with future stream repair funding
- Heavy Equipment operators & equipment to help fill in large holes left by the flood and approved to be filled.
- Riding lawn mower donated, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carpenters, Plumbers, and electricians who could donate some time to help out with plans or repairs.
- Travel Trailer or Tiny Home, (anything on wheels) 18+ feet to temporarily replace the little blue cabin as a small rental option for people who aren’t set up for camping.
Please consider donating to the WFSC as every penny goes directly to rebuilding the campground. The Board Members are working tirelessly to repair the Club for its Members. Donations can be made by PayPal ( please add 3% for their fees) at email@example.com or by mailing a check to West Fork Sportsmans Club Inc., P.O. Box 52, Viroqua, WI 54665
Next Annual Members Meeting is Saturday, June 6th, 2020 at 7 PM at the Clubhouse.
2019 Membership meeting highlights:
-New board members elected.
-As of 1 Oct 20219 all future memberships will be yearly with a yearly membership fee of $30.00. All past 3 year and Annual Memberships will be grandfathered in. All Lifetime memberships will remain and be grandfathered in. We will only have annual memberships from 2020 onward.
-Online reservation system is working well, day shelter will be added to the rental options reservation system.
-A new stream restoration plan is in the works and we hope to have permits issued before fall. Fundraising will continue in this area.
-A member wrote a grant which was also matched by Thrivent Financial to help with grounds repairs. A plan is being developed to determine the scope and sequence, permits needed, work timeline, equipment needed, and people power., etc. Please mark your calendars for Streamwork on September 14/15th & Oct 4 – 6, Community Volunteer day and Celebration for the progress we’ve made so far. There will be food, bands, fundraising and a whole community pitching in to help. If by chance you can not make it please consider sending in a donation in your absence to ensure we have enough resources to complete the work.
First Come First Serve for ALL camping sites. EACH camping spot is a group camping space so you can pitch your tent anywhere and it will be fine.
Large groups (15 or more) should schedule before April 1 of each year and identify the section of the campground for their camping needs. Use the online contact below to make requests. Requests do not mean reservations are complete. A confirmation email will be sent confirming availability. The WFSC reserves the right to cancel ANY reservation when weather events prevent use of parts or all of the campground. For group reservations, each April a sign will be posted at the Shelters indicating the reserved dates for large groups. If a member camps there when a large group is coming in they will be asked to move. You must be a member to camp at the Club. Other than these reserved dates all members are welcome to camp in these areas. See Camping and Membership pages for more info.
To become a member please send membership dues and Contact Info (name, address, phone, email, & dues payments) to WFSC, PO Box 52, Viroqua WI OR you may pay at the Green Pay Station (Iron Ranger) at the Campground. More info on Membership
- Annual- $30 (32.00 by Paypal) (Jan 1- Dec 31)
- Grandfathered in – No Longer Available to Purchase.
- Three Year- All current 3 year memberships will be honored and will expire 12/31/2021 or before.
- Lifetime- All current lifetime memberships will be honored
- Only one membership required per family with children under 18 years of age. All other individual adults should be members.
West Fork Sportsmans Club
S4901 CR-S, Viroqua, WI 54665, USA