The Portage Shelter North is now open (the first shelter as you drive into the clubhouse.)
A few new things to know about:
- There is a flat shovel by the woodshed, PLEASE use it to clean out your firepits AND return it for others use. Together we can get all the firepits dug out and functioning. Your assistance is appreciated in this.
- Bring your chainsaw and feel free to cut up the downed wood and use for campfires free of charge. (You will be helping the club ~thankyou.
- If you get stuck and need to be pulled out of low lying areas, fire pits, etc, there will be a minimum charge of $100, maybe more, depending on what it takes to get you out. There may also be charges for repairing the grounds. Payment will be due before being pulled out.
- RECYCLABLES – take them home with you. Do NOT put them by the dumpster. If you don’t want to take them home drive them to the recycling center below (with map). It is 2.6 miles from the campground.
Next Annual Members Meeting is Saturday, June 6th at 7 PM at the Clubhouse.
Recycling goes to the recycling center off of Y on LF. It is free, open 7:30 am to 3:30 pm. Vernon Co. Recycling center (map here) is 2.6 miles from the Campground. Trash at the Campground is for campers/ cabin members only. No matter what you’ve been told in the past. Please respect this as it saves the club funds.
Consider cans vs bottles for camping (YES, good beer is available in cans also!)
Current areas of need :
- Continue to pull debris off of base of trees, posts, etc.
- Grant writers
- Heavy Equipment operators & equipment to help fill in large holes left by the flood and approved to be filled.
- Riding lawn mower donated, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carpenters, Plumbers, and electricians who could donate some time to help out with plans or repairs.
- Professionals who can work with permitting/zoning/DNR within a flood zone to help repair grounds after flooding or who have specialized skills and are willing to donate their time and expertise. Email email@example.com
- Travel Trailer or Tiny Home, (anything on wheels) 18+ feet to temporarily replace the little blue cabin as a small rental option for people who aren’t set up for camping.
- Team Leaders for Clean up & Fundraising – A CleanUP or Workday / A fundraiser for the club, Other ideas, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please consider donating to the WFSC as every penny goes directly to rebuilding the campground. The Board Members are working tirelessly to repair the Club for its Members. Donations can be made by PayPal ( please add 3% for their fees) at email@example.com or by mailing a check to West Fork Sportsmans Club Inc., P.O. Box 52, Viroqua, WI 54665
2019 Membership meeting highlights:
-New board members elected.
-As of 1 January 2020 all memberships will be yearly with a yearly membership fee of $30.00. All past 3 year and Annual Memberships will be grandfathered in. We will only have annual memberships from 2020 onward.
-Online reservation system is working well, day shelter will be added to the rental options reservation system.
-A new stream restoration plan is in the works and we hope to have permits issued before fall. Fundraising will continue in this area.
-A member wrote a grant which was also matched by Thrivent Financial to help with grounds repairs. A plan is being developed to determine the scope and sequence, permits needed, work timeline, equipment needed, and people power., etc. Please mark your calendars for September 15th. There will be food, bands, fundraising and a whole community pitching in to help. If by chance you can not make it please consider sending in a donation in your absence to ensure we have enough resources to complete the work.
First Come First Serve for ALL camping sites. EACH camping spot is a group camping space so you can pitch your tent anywhere and it will be fine.
Large groups (15 or more) should schedule before April 1 of each year and identify the section of the campground for their camping needs. Use the online contact below to make requests. Requests do not mean reservations are complete. A confirmation email will be sent confirming availability. The WFSC reserves the right to cancel ANY reservation when weather events prevent use of parts or all of the campground. For group reservations, each April a sign will be posted at the Shelters indicating the reserved dates for large groups. If a member camps there when a large group is coming in they will be asked to move. You must be a member to camp at the Club. Other than these reserved dates all members are welcome to camp in these areas. See Camping and Membership pages for more info.
To become a member please send membership dues and Contact Info (name, address, phone, email, & dues payments) to WFSC, PO Box 52, Viroqua WI OR you may pay at the Green Pay Station (Iron Ranger) at the Campground. More info on Membership
- Annual- $15 (16.00 by Paypal) (Jan 1- Dec 31)
- Three Year- $30 (32.00 by PayPal) (12/31 of 3rd Calendar year)
- Lifetime- $250 ($258.00 by PayPal)
- Only one membership required per family with children under 18 years of age.
West Fork Sportsmans Club
S4901 CR-S, Viroqua, WI 54665, USA